The Victorian Water Register will be closed while we complete the end of year accounting to roll over from the 2018-19 water year to 2019-20.

On-line services will be suspended from 5pm AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time) on Friday 28 June 2019 until 12 noon AEST on Monday 1 July 2019.

The following on-line services will not be available during this time:

  • Broker Portal
  • 'My Water' access and online allocation trading and bore construction licence applications
  • Copy of Record purchases

The following reports will also not be available:

  • Trade opportunities and limits report
  • Unused water report
  • Available water by owner type

To reiterate, all services will be available once again at 12:00 noon AEST on Monday 1 July 2019.

Important dates for allocation trade applications

If you are trading Allocation before the end of the financial year, please be aware of the following important dates:

  • Online applications to trade allocation within Victoria, including applications made via the Broker Portal or API, may be submitted until 5pm AEST on Friday 28 June 2019 for instant processing.
  • Friday 21 June 2019 is the last day to submit paper-based allocation trade applications to your water corporation to be sure of having the application processed.
  • Interstate trade applications require the approval of both states. South Australia have advised that applications must be received by 2pm Friday 21 June 2019 for South Australia to guarantee processing before the end of the water year. All interstate allocation trades involving Victoria which are submitted online via the Broker Portal or the Broker API will be processed manually from 5pm AEST on Friday 14 June.

Important dates for water share transfer applications

  • Applications for Water Share transfers must be lodged with the Water Corporation by Friday 14 June 2019 to ensure that the Water Corporation can process the transfer by Friday 28 June. However, please keep in mind that processing by the Water Corporation is only the first stage of the water share transfer transaction. To complete the entire water share transfer transaction by 28 June, allow ample time to lodge a recording application with the Water Registrar after getting the initial response from the Water Corporation.
  • The Water Registrar aims to record all water share transfers that are submitted in recordable form as-soon-as-possible. You are reminded that when a water share transfer is recorded, the seller's allocation account will no longer be linked to that water share. Unused water allocation can only be carried over to the next financial year if the allocation account is linked to an appropriate water share.